Saturday, July 17, 2010

Timothy Karpinski




I first saw Timothy Karpinski's work in a compilation of Portland artists about four years back. His work kept popping around me in various places until about a week ago when I finally caved in and spent what little money I have on one of the zines he creates. It's really pretty, filled with doodles and full page spreads of intricate pen and paint strokes. I would highly recommend it, if you are a sketch/intricate pen drawing nerd like I am. The way that he puts together his professional pieces is really amazing and different as well. He cuts out layer upon layer of paper that he has drawn on and then stitches the pieces back together with tiny little stitches. Anyways he has a really well put together website, where you can see the countless work he has done for all sorts of really cool companies, so i will put a link to that as well as a ton of his photos.
As always stay pretty.

Here's the link--> http://timothykarpinski.com/#245729/News

1 comment: