Friday, June 4, 2010

Aidan Koch

Yesterday in between two of my classes (Oh my god you guys School is out in a week. Freak out right now) I walked to the new store called Tender Loving Empire. It is a beautiful space curated by wonderful people, and I also might get my art shown there so that's awesome. As you walk in the first thing you might spot is the back wall, which is filled to the brim with amazing artwork by many well known local names. As I was looking around I noticed a name that I was unfamiliar with. The work of Aidan Koch is at once both simplistic and complex and is a perfectly balanced to create really beautiful images that I really enjoy. I thought I had seen some pieces made by her before and when i went to her website I found out that she did all of the animations for the awesome Portland based band Nurses. Small world Right? any who's here's pics (cause I know that's all you care about) and links to her website, and etsy, and maybe her flickr, if i'm feeling rambunctious.
http://www.aidankoch.com/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/akoch

Ok, I'm not feeling rambunctious. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment